Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just a little setback

Charly had a little set-back last week. From wonderfully recovering skin 2 weeks ago, it seemed like the skin on her chest made an about turn towards deterioration once again. Dissecting every detail I could remember of her activities in the week since her last acupuncture, I remember Helena proudly saying she had acquired a great bargain on chicken parts from the neighbourhood market.

Images of chicken parts flashed across my mind, and I knew that was the culprit. Dr Susanna had told me enough times that chicken gave too much heat my "hot dog". And possibly 2 to 3 days of chicken vegetable soup for breakfast had adversely affected her recovery progress.

Immediate decree to stop all chicken in my pack's diet, and waited anxiously for another week to see if my gut feeling was right. As off today, it appears that chicken is definitely an allergen to my Charly. And if she isn't having chicken, neither are the rest of the pack.

So at today's acupuncture session, Dr Susie confirmed that Charly's recovery is back on track. But acupuncture must proceed to ensure all healing channels are open to receive the best benefit of nutrition, and Charly just can't bear to look, eventhough the sausages that come after the needles are just 20 minutes away. Her burka helps to pass the time in relative bliss.


Here's a thought... since the channels are kept clear and open with acupuncture, it stands to reason that any allergen will also be absorbed that much quicker. No wonder the effects of those chicken parts were swift. God knows what the farms put into their produce. I'm glad my pooches are having no more of it.

No comments: